Rewritten parser for GeoJSON files to handle styling

John Zaitseff J.Zaitseff at zap.org.au
Mon Sep 2 20:01:38 BST 2019

Hi, Torsten,

> thanks a lot for your hard work on this really nice piece of code.
> The coding style and the patchset in general looks excellent.

Thanks!  I did try to follow the Marble/KDE/Qt style guide... :-)

> I've just submitted it to Marble master.  Please verify that
> everything is submitted as it should be :-)

I've just checked: everything is good.  Thank you for applying my
contributions.

> Any plans for the next patchset? ;-)

* Actual handling of the GeoJSON Simplestyle icon styles would be
  nice, extended possibly to be generic for all formats: location
  pins inspired by Google Maps, Mapbox and Leaflet.js [1] where you
  can select a pin, a colour and size for the pin and an icon (say
  from the Maki icon set [2]) to be inside the pin.

  [1] https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet/blob/master/dist/images/marker-icon.png
  [2] https://labs.mapbox.com/maki-icons/

* Editing and saving of GeoJSON files within Marble to be on par
  with KML?

My greatest limitation is available time!

Yours truly,

John Zaitseff

--
John Zaitseff                   ,--_|\    The ZAP Group
Telephone: +61 2 9643 7737     /      \   Sydney, Australia