[Differential] [Request, 123 lines] D2444: Proper parsing of polygons in osm-simplify while cutting to tiles

dkolozsvari (Dávid Kolozsvári) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 15 06:20:34 UTC 2016

dkolozsvari created this revision.
dkolozsvari added reviewers: nienhueser, rahn.
dkolozsvari added a subscriber: Marble.
dkolozsvari set the repository for this revision to rMARBLE Marble.
dkolozsvari added a project: Marble.

REVISION SUMMARY
  With the introduction of batymetry polygons I realized that the parsing and cutting of polygons was working on the outer boundary of the polygon, the inner rings were left out.

  This patch aims to fix that, though there are some issues with this approach or I'm just missing something. When a bathymetry polygon with some inner rings is cut and then the tile loaded into Marble, the inner rings are not getting rendered, though they are there in the file.

TEST PLAN
  Cutting to level 5 tiny_planet_5.1.osm and then checking tile 5/14/12 F257923: 12.osm <https://phabricator.kde.org/F257923> we can clearly see that even though there are lots of inner rings in the file, and the file's size is >500KB(that's pretty huge for a level 5 tile), there are barely some nodes and polygons rendered.

  F257922: Screenshot_20160815_081601.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F257922>

REPOSITORY
  rMARBLE Marble

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2444

AFFECTED FILES
  tools/osm-simplify/TinyPlanetProcessor.cpp
  tools/osm-simplify/TinyPlanetProcessor.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES