[Marble-devel] German Style OSM in Marble

Simon, Jan simon at math2.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Dec 20 17:34:03 UTC 2013

Hi.
Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately, I still don't know what to do. When I try to use the wizard:
"File>Create a New Map>Online Map providing"
like suggested by Torsten, I don't know which "Adressschema" to specify. If I enter "http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik-german/" then I get an error ("Die Basiskachel wurde nicht erfolgreich heruntergeladen." i. e. the root tile could not be downloaded.)
Following Anders' advice I don't know how to set up the .dgml-file to match the German style. There is no dgml-file in the mapnik-german repository.
I believe there are two ingredients to create a map: The raw OSM data and style data to render the raw data. Therefore, I see two ways to solve the problem:

1) Make Marble render the raw OSM data using mapnik-german instead of mapnik.
2) Make Marble download (mapnik-german)-ly rendered pictures from the same database which www.openstreetmap.de<http://www.openstreetmap.de> uses itself.

In each case: How shall I do this? (Actually, I'm not really sure if that's possible at all.)

Best

Jan