[Marble-devel] German Style OSM in Marble

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Mon Dec 23 17:41:20 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

to use the osm.de tile server you need to change the URL in the .dgml
locally. The easiest way is to create a new map theme based on
openstreetmap and modify it. I did that quickly and uploaded the map
theme to my server. See the screenshot at [0]. For installation download
the map theme [1] and extract it in ~/.local/share/marble/maps. You can
do both in a single command (one line):
wget -q -O - http://nienhueser.de/marble/marble-openstreetmap.de.tar.gz
| tar -C ~/.local/share/marble/maps/ -xzf -

Regards,
Dennis

[0] http://nienhueser.de/marble/marble-openstreetmap.de.png
[1] http://nienhueser.de/marble/marble-openstreetmap.de.tar.gz