[Marble-devel] map help

Konrad Enzensberger e.konrad at mpegcode.com
Thu Dec 5 22:00:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

1)see code ./blendings/BlendingAlgorithms.cpp , GrayScaledBlending, use this to have the map tiles
displayed gray scaled.

2)are you talking about the navigation widget, located right - bottom ?
simply move over the widget, right click to open context menu and select "hide"

also see the code in NavigationFloatItem.cpp
// Plugin is visible by default
setEnabled( true );
setVisible( true );

change this to have it invisible by default

3)
to use your own map tiles server use the openstreetmap.dgml, copy to own map folder and rename, edit some settings to match your needs (mapname,downloadUrl, sourcedir,...)

or use Marble to create a map:
start Marble, open MapThemeWizard by selecting <File - Create new map theme> menu

If you like to overlay your map tiles on e.g. openstreetmap, see openstreetmap.dgml, section:
texture - hillshading,
this is the way to add tiles with a blending

br, konrad