[Marble-devel] map help

Peter Morgan pedromorgan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 21:18:17 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm using Marble to create a radar like map for FlightGear..
WIP = http://i.imgur.com/OD6DCuA.jpg

few questions..

1) is it possible to make the map more transparent with a black background//
In my case I want to fade OSM map to make it darker and more of an outline
as I am overlaying airports, navaids and flight positions

2) Controls
Is it possible to remove the "zoom slider/home button.up down controls"..
I tried all the set* functions I could find, but found no way of hiding
it.. or am missing the obvious

3) mapnick layers..
I've also developed a manick/tilecache server to overlay navigation
information and using already with OpenLayers in browser..
How do I integrate my own map layers onto marblemap ??
assume I need a dgml file but cant see any tutorials..

TIA

Pete