[Marble-devel] Opencaching plugin

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Nov 6 12:42:38 UTC 2012

On Tirsdag den 6. november 2012 11:05:35 Dennis Nienhüser wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> the main issue were the terms of usage. IIRC the content was not
> available in a free way (cache descriptions written by users being most
> problematic). Torsten talked to them and there was some agreement on
> changes to the XML API even, but to my knowledge that was not
> implemented on the opencaching side.

Apearently, opencaching is many things. There is opencaching.com (owned by
garmin, which is the site I thoght this was about), opencaching.<your
countrycode> which is something different. These sites looks like a network,
but without a central access to caches, caches found in the german site are
not in the swedish, etc.

I tried changing the hardcoded address of www.opencaching.de with
www.opencaching.se, but although the file
(http://www.opencaching.se/xml/ocxml11.php) exists, I get no caches on my
marble map using that one (not even in sweden...)

So it appears to me that that particular service is a bit immature :-)

--
Anders