[Marble-devel] Marble Declarative plugin extension for making QML interface for plugin settings

Anton Chernov chernov.anton.mail at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:33:13 UTC 2012

Hello Marble developers.

I'm going to use Marble for special data processing case for internal
usage in my company.
I use QML for user interface in my project and I'm working on Marble
intergarion to the project now.

I think the best way to add some extensions to Marble is add a Render
or Runner, or FloatItem plugins. But using Marble plugins in QML are
little bit complicated, because we can only select active
RenderPlugins and FloatItems but not manage theirs properties or
handle events.

I develop some additional class (DeclarativeRenderPlugin) which
provide QML interface for plugins and share this interface from
MarbleDeclarativeWidget. This extension allows get and change plugin
properties, enable or disable plugins in QML etc. The example project
based on "explore" example of Marble is also attached. The patch is
based on current Marble master tree (commit
0299004157ce00cf901b6113c4ac14fa0c323c00 ).

I think this kind of functionality in Marble declarative plugin will
be very very useful. The code of patch may be a little rude, but shows
the idea. I can continue this work if you say that it is needed.
I'm open to your suggestions and feedback.

Best regards,
Anton Chernov
LOTES TM LLC,
+7910107001,