[Marble-devel] Changing OSM tile sources

Konrad Enzensberger e.konrad at mpegcode.com
Fri Aug 31 07:56:15 UTC 2012

Hi Amit,

1)yes, by default this server is used. each marble map comes with configuration xml file,
   for OSM map:   ..\mapdata\maps\earth\openstreetmap\openstreetmap.dgml .

2)open openstreetmap.dgml, see section <downloadUrl> , thats all

3)no hurdles. simply set you prefered server in *.dgml file

4) i used this manual to setup my own osm tile server
    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ubuntu_tile_server

    system requirements: for whole world osm server , openstreetmap suggest: 48GB RAM / >4TB HD
    note: import whole planet.pbf with  "osm2pgsql" may need several days !

br, onrad