[Marble-devel] SRTM Tiles

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Sep 14 21:22:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 19:59:24 Florian Eßer wrote:
> I noticed that right now, we have two different terms in the code
> meaning the same thing: "Altitude" (class AltitudeModel) and "Elevation"
> (class ElevationProfileFloatItem).

Yes, I feel that there is a slight difference in usage:

* Altitude is usually used to describe the property of a certain geospatial
point (as in: "the mountain has an altitude of 3000m").
* Elevation describes the altitude variation or its nature of a set of data
points (as in: "have a look at the elevation profile of that route").

KML (and our GeoData classes) are using Altitude.