[Marble-devel] SRTM Tiles

Florian Eßer f.esser at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 14 17:59:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed that right now, we have two different terms in the code
meaning the same thing: "Altitude" (class AltitudeModel) and "Elevation"
(class ElevationProfileFloatItem).

To avoid confusion and to keep it consistent, I think we should use only
one of them. Which one is the proper one to describe the vertical
distance between sea level and a point on the surface of the earth?

For my plugin, I chose the term Elevation from DEM = Digital Elevation
Model. Is that correct? Any native speakers here?

Florian