[Marble-devel] Review Request: Elevation Profile Plugin

Bernhard Beschow bbeschow at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 13 11:20:52 UTC 2011

On Freitag, 9. September 2011 12:05:03 Konrad Enzensberger wrote:
Hi Konrad,

> Quaternion code:
> In routing gudiance mode i like to have the driving direction always upwards.
> Thorsten mentioned to use third parameter in Quaternion:fromEuler(...)
> methode.
> But i am failed to calculate the right value.
> Is there a parameter description avaliable ?
> Have i to calculate an angle in degree? or radians?

I'm currently investigating rotation in Marble [1]. Rotation in spherical projection works pretty nice already, whereas the flat projections still need work. Besides making the flat projections rotation-aware, I'm still investigating on how to eliminate singularity issues for the flat maps, which cause the map to be centered at lon=0° when the map is moved to 90° north or south.

Moreover, I'm also not sure how manual rotation should be triggered. In my branch, I changed the RMB context menu to appear when the right mouse button is released, such that rotation is possible as long as it is pressed. Any suggestions, also from the other Marbleheads, are very welcome!

Greetings,
Bernhard

[1] https://github.com/shentok/marble/commits/rotation (I might do forced pushes once in a while)