[Marble-devel] Re: Texture quality

Torsten Rahn torsten at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 13:23:41 CEST 2011

Hello Helmut,

> My customer complains about a worsening of the texture quality and I can
> verify this. If I view the schagen map from a height of 2756.7 km the old
> version has a much better quality. I can provide screen-dumps if you
> cannot reproduce this effect.

Yes I can confirm this effect: for a few zoomlevels the point where
Marble switches between zoomlevels doesn't seem to be optimal.

Bernhard: Could this be related to the latest changes with "sharp"
discrete mercator display?
Just a thought: Is it currently possible to "tweak" the zoom level change via
the dgml files?

Best Regards,

Torsten