[Marble-devel] Marble architecture analogy to QGraphicsView framework

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sun Aug 14 07:58:35 UTC 2011

Hi Kishore,

On Friday, 12. August 2011 18:32:10 you wrote:
> > osmrender
>
> Interesting. It also seems to be in quite active development... In what
> stage of development is it in... just out of curiosity? :)

It's part of the Google Summer of Code 2011. Konstantin is doing some awesome
work there. The whole project will end in a week. By that time the branch
should get merged into master. So if this code is interesting for your usage
and if you spot some ways for improvement I'm sure Konstantin and the rest of
the Marble team would be very happy to see patches ;-)

> That's nice to know. I have another reference!
> > IIRC Digikam does this exaclty.
>
> Wonderful news! :D I found no method I could to attach a RenderPlugin but
> ill browse through their sources to see how they do it. Thanks for the tip!

Disclaimer: Don't get your hopes too high: My distant memories about all the
digikam stuff are 1-2 years old, so the whole approach and code may or may not
be different now - or my mind might trick me altogether and they only used the
LayerInterface approach.
Anyways if you find a nice solution and if you feel to extend the Marble code
or tutorial for this use case that would be great. Starting point would
probably be here:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/LayerInterface

I'm happy to see you back in the Marble universe! :-)

Best Regards,
Torsten