[Marble-devel] Marble architecture analogy to QGraphicsView framework

Fri Aug 12 16:32:10 UTC 2011

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/marble/repository/show?rev=gsoc-2011-
> osmrender

Interesting. It also seems to be in quite active development... In what
stage of development is it in... just out of curiosity? :)

> > So there can be multiple MarbleMaps attached
> > to the same Model. Right?
>
> Yes, Digikam is making use of this: it uses two views which IIRC are
sharing
> the very same model. At least it was that way at one point of development.

That's nice to know. I have another reference!

> > Therefore, LayerInterface, MarbleGraphicsItems (GeoGraphicsItems etc.)
are
> > attached to MarbleModel. And there exists one model for each
planet/theme
> > file?
>
> Yes.

I browsed the sources since my last and it seems that LayerInterface in
managedmy LayerManager which is in MarbleMap. So there is no ability to
attach a layer to the model.

> > I would also like to know if there is a possiblility to add a
RenderPlugin
> > at runtime. ie. I would give marble an instance of a RenderPlugin rather
> > than it load one from its default plugin directories.
>
> IIRC Digikam does this exaclty.

Wonderful news! :D I found no method I could to attach a RenderPlugin but
ill browse through their sources to see how they do it. Thanks for the tip!