[Marble-devel] Marble architecture analogy to QGraphicsView framework

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Fri Aug 12 15:19:30 UTC 2011

Hi Kishore,

I guess others might have a more detailed answer but here a few quick adhoc
comments from my side:

On Friday, 12. August 2011 16:55:06 Kishore Jonnalagadda wrote:
> My understanding of marble so far is that MarbleModel is similar to QGS and
> MarbleMap is similar to QGV.

There is an ongoing project in a dedicated branch which is in the work to
introduce a dedicated GeoGraphicsScene:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeedu/marble/repository/show?rev=gsoc-2011-
osmrender

> So there can be multiple MarbleMaps attached
> to the same Model. Right?

Yes, Digikam is making use of this: it uses two views which IIRC are sharing
the very same model. At least it was that way at one point of development.

> Therefore, LayerInterface, MarbleGraphicsItems (GeoGraphicsItems etc.) are
> attached to MarbleModel. And there exists one model for each planet/theme
> file?

Yes.

> I would also like to know if there is a possiblility to add a RenderPlugin
> at runtime. ie. I would give marble an instance of a RenderPlugin rather
> than it load one from its default plugin directories.

IIRC Digikam does this exaclty.

Best Regards,