[Marble-devel] Creating maps for marble

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sun Jun 20 15:17:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

We do this "autogeneration" on the fly for all maps except for the atlas map:

* bluemarble ("Satellite View")
* historical map
* moon

etc.

So I'm pretty sure it works ;-)

On Sunday 20 June 2010 14:57:26 Christophe Leske wrote:
> Marble freezes however at the screen "Creating a map".

Then you probably either didn't put it into the correct place or your dgml file
is broken.

Have you tried overwriting the existing bluemarble.jpg in

marble/data/maps/earth/bluemarble/

with your own map and deleting the cache?

Once you select the "Satellite View" inside Marble it should work as advertized.
Starting from there you could modify the dgml step by step.