[Marble-devel] Creating maps for marble

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Mon Jun 21 17:38:01 CEST 2010

Am 20.06.2010 15:17, schrieb Torsten Rahn:
> Hi,
>
> We do this "autogeneration" on the fly for all maps except for the atlas map:
>
> * bluemarble ("Satellite View")
> * historical map
> * moon
>
> etc.
>
> So I'm pretty sure it works ;-)

Hi,

maybe i got this wrong?

I got my installmap here, and it IS being shown on the globe, yet
without tiles being created. I thought a big installmap would result in
tiles being created, according to your blog?

Also, the map shown on the Marble globe seems to be lower in resolution
than my installmap, it show stronger compression artefacts.
I've got a map of the NaturalEarth as a JPEG here in 10800 by 5400
Pixels. It has sharp broders for the countries which have a seaside, yet
on the globe, when zooming in, you can see JPEG compression artefacts.

See here
http://www.multimedial.de/share/Marble_vs_InstallMap.png

Greets,

--