[Marble-devel] Creating maps for marble

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Sun Jun 20 14:57:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

i am interested in creating maps for Marble.

I am currently trying to get the following
(http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/50m-raster-data/) cut as tiles.
I took this here
(http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/50m-raster-data/50m-cross-blend-hypso/,
the "Cross Blended Hypso with Shaded Relief and Water") and tried to
install it as a layer in Marble.

According to this (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3269), Marble
should be able to cut tiles from an installmap file itself, provided
that the map has a maximum of 10800x5400 pixel, which is the format of
my map.

Marble freezes however at the screen "Creating a map".

I also tried to use the tilecreator-tool provided with marble, yet
despite different tries and reading the source code for the tool, it
didn't accept the JPG for the map...

Are there any tools out there that can easily create tiles for Marble?

Greets and thanks,

--
Christophe Leske
multimedial.de