[Marble-devel] compile issue of current svn

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat May 16 16:25:10 CEST 2009

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Andrew Manson wrote:

> On Friday 15 May 2009 08:47:12 Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > I am using Qt 4.4.1.
> >
> > Any hints welcome, best,
>
> Hi Arnd
>
> I am not sure about your specific problem but currently Marble requires Qt 4.5
> ( even though it was able to compile with 4.4 for the longest time).

Thanks a lot, somehow I misinterpreted the error message, thinking
it was not a Qt version issue.

In this respect:The INSTALL file writes as prerequisites:
  "Qt 4.2 or newer"
which should be updated to 4.5 then.
Also a test during cmake for the right version would be helpful.

> If you have Qt 4.5 installed then you need to make sure that the path to the
> Qt Directory's bin folder comes first in your PATH system variable.
>
> How i have it set up, to give an example, is that i downloaded the Qt 4.5 SDK
> to /home/mansona/bin/qtsdk-2009.02 so i needed to call:
>
> export PATH=/home/mansona/bin/qtsdk-2009.02/qt/bin:$PATH
>
> where that folder is the folder in the SDK that has the program qmake. This
> process has to be done BEFORE you call cmake the first time, so make sure that
> you have the PATH set before calling cmake.
>
> Hope this helped, of course if that doesn't work I'm sure that someone around
> here can help you out!

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, everything worked
out smoothly then ...

Best wishes,

Arnd