[Marble-devel] another sorting problem; slow map changing

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Fri Jun 12 14:34:23 CEST 2009

Hi Helmut,

Are you working on trunk or branch currently?

Am Freitag 12 Juni 2009 13:05:07 schrieb Mülner, Helmut:
> sorting by popularityIndex is done too early:
> m_popSortModel->sort( 0, Qt::DescendingOrder ); in the constructor of
> MarbleModel does not sort anything, and
> d->m_popSortModel->setDynamicSortFilter( true ); is commented out (I guess
> because it is too slow).

Yes, we just don't sort dynamically due to speed concerns.

> This has the effect that painting is not done correctly because
> m_popSortModel is not sorted.

Hm, it does get sorted properly here as far as I can judge from the visual
result  -- I know there are problems with Marble 0.7 in combination with Qt
4.5 though.

> In my local version I have added the call to sort in
> MarbleModelPrivate::notifyModelChanged(), but I fear this is called too
> often. Any ideas?

I'm not too familiar with the code without looking at it so I can't give an
immediate reply on this question. Maybe Patrick has got some thoughts?

> The following comment in MarbleModel::setMapTheme:
> does not agree with the code, which always unloads all old containers and
> then load all new containers. This results in a very slow map change.

Maybe Patrick can  shed some light on this?

Best Regards,

Torsten