[Marble-devel] another sorting problem; slow map changing

Mülner, Helmut helmut.muelner at joanneum.at
Fri Jun 12 13:05:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

sorting by popularityIndex is done too early:
m_popSortModel->sort( 0, Qt::DescendingOrder ); in the constructor of MarbleModel does not sort anything,
and d->m_popSortModel->setDynamicSortFilter( true ); is commented out (I guess because it is too slow).

This has the effect that painting is not done correctly because m_popSortModel is not sorted.

In my local version I have added the call to sort in MarbleModelPrivate::notifyModelChanged(), but I fear
this is called too often. Any ideas?

The following comment in MarbleModel::setMapTheme:

// unload old standard Placemarks which are not part of the new map

does not agree with the code, which always unloads all old containers and then load all new containers.
This results in a very slow map change.

Best regards,

Helmut