[Marble-devel] Re : Qt based widget

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Wed Oct 24 20:57:02 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 20:33:58 moez gadri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes I plan to use Marble or Google Maps (when QtWebKit will be available).
> I would like to use one of them as a background of QGraphicScene.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I might be wrong but I think I remember that all the
issues you had mentioned had been fixed in 0.4-branch (IIRC even for 0.4.3)
at one point already. So it comes as a surprise to me.
IIRC Prashant ran into the very same errors as he is using the same compiler
and fixed those - so maybe he can comment on your mail.

What version did you use? SVN-trunk? 0.4.3 (recommended) ? 0.4-branch?

> I created a small program to use Marble widget (just the main function)
> QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

You need to either install Marble or specify a Marble Data Path

See: "Adjust Marble's search path for the maps and data" on

http://edu.kde.org/marble/obtain.php

> If you permit I have a comment about the instalation process: I was obliged
> to install cmake  to be able to compile Marble. As a Qt based program, I
> expected to find a .pro file (so I can use qmake).

Sorry, there is no chance that we will support qmake. There are quite a few
open source apps as well as the KDE Desktop Environment which have moved from
qmake to cmake for very good reasons. If you haven't used it yet I'd suggest
to have a look at it, as it really eases the pain of developing and deploying
an app in lots of cases. ;-)

Torsten