[Marble-devel] Re : Qt based widget

moez gadri moez_gadri at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 24 20:33:58 CEST 2007

Hello,

Yes I plan to use Marble or Google Maps (when QtWebKit will be available).
I would like to use one of them as a background of QGraphicScene.

I tried to compile Marble in my computer (I'm using Visual Studio 2005 with Qt 4.3), and I had the following error:
1- fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory
    I commented the line #include <unistd.h> in the file GeoPolygon.cpp and the problem is resolved

I created a small program to use Marble widget (just the main function)
#include <QApplication>
#include "MarbleWidget.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
QApplication app(argc, argv);
MarbleWidget mw;
mw.show();
return app.exec();

}

With this code I had the error "c:\marble\marble\src\lib\GeoPoint.h(21) : error C2065: 'M_PI' : undeclared identifier"
 I defined M_PI=3.1415 some where and the problem desapeared and the program compiles well.

but when I tried to execute I had the following runtime error:

QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
Cannot open file '', because: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
Couldn't find any maps! Exiting ...
The program '[2780] test.exe: Native' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

Apparantly I have to specify a file name. I don't know what is it.

If you permit I have a comment about the instalation process: I was obliged to install cmake  to be able to compile Marble. As a Qt based program, I expected to find a .pro file (so I can use qmake).

Best Regards,
Moez