KXstitch V2.1.0 import issue

Sean Enck enckse at voidedtech.com
Sun May 5 00:52:39 BST 2019

On 2019-05-04, Robin Laing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My wife is using kxstitch 2.1.0 which I built last year to fix a crash
> issue.  I will attempt to rebuild it but I would like to download 2.1.1 but
> there is no tar of that on the download page.
>
> Present version I compiled has an issue with importing images which I think
> is related to the ImageMagic issues from the mail list.  JPG's are black and
> pngs are empty.
>
> I am not familiar with GIT to get the lastest source code and the latest tar
> is only 2.1.0 which I have.  I do not want to clone the whole kxtitch
> repository, just the code I need.
>
> I am on Fedora 29 presently.
>
> Thank you
> Robin

Source code for 2.1.1 is available here as a tar.xz (I just don't think there
is a link on the kxstitch page):
https://download.kde.org/stable/kxstitch/2.1.1/

>From issues (you point to) you may need to get the latest code, I
understand you don't necessarily want to learn git/download the whole
repository, this is the command you would use to get the LATEST code and
only the latest code (not the whole repository, history, etc.)

git clone --depth=1 git://anongit.kde.org/kxstitch.git

from that you would then be able to build it from source

--Sean