KXstitch V2.1.0 import issue

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Sun May 5 01:16:33 BST 2019

On 04/05/2019 17:52, Sean Enck wrote:
> On 2019-05-04, Robin Laing wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My wife is using kxstitch 2.1.0 which I built last year to fix a crash
>> issue.  I will attempt to rebuild it but I would like to download 2.1.1 but
>> there is no tar of that on the download page.
>>
>> Present version I compiled has an issue with importing images which I think
>> is related to the ImageMagic issues from the mail list.  JPG's are black and
>> pngs are empty.
>>
>> I am not familiar with GIT to get the lastest source code and the latest tar
>> is only 2.1.0 which I have.  I do not want to clone the whole kxtitch
>> repository, just the code I need.
>>
>> I am on Fedora 29 presently.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Robin
>
> Source code for 2.1.1 is available here as a tar.xz (I just don't think there
> is a link on the kxstitch page):
> https://download.kde.org/stable/kxstitch/2.1.1/
>
>>From issues (you point to) you may need to get the latest code, I
> understand you don't necessarily want to learn git/download the whole
> repository, this is the command you would use to get the LATEST code and
> only the latest code (not the whole repository, history, etc.)
>
> git clone --depth=1 git://anongit.kde.org/kxstitch.git
>
> from that you would then be able to build it from source
>
> --Sean

Hello Sean,

Thanks for the pointers.

I will try both versions if I can get 2.1.1 to compile.  I cannot get
2.1.0 to compile at this time due to changes in code since the last time
I compiled over a year ago.

I will get 2.1.1 to compile first.  I do agree from the mail list that
the latest code is what is needed for the ImageMagick issues.

 From the date on the 2.1.1 code, it was just a few days older than the
one I downloaded.