How can i make kate behaviour go back to normal?

Waqar Ahmed waqar.17a at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:01:36 GMT 2022

> Not using a separate dialog isn't a viable solution for many KDE
applications. By making Kate differ from other applications you confront
the users with
different concepts which is against KDE's goal to present a common user
experience across all applications (unless there are good reasons to derive
from the common UX).

There are good reasons which I noted already. We do not need dialogs at all
when we can use our main view for something. Also we do not need to think
what size the dialog should be anymore. It just fits in the existing
window.

We diverge from kde experience in many ways where we think something else
is better or sometimes we just want to be more consistent with other
editors e.g code. E.g Ctrl + shift + f in Kate doesn't make the app full
screen and we use chord shortcuts which are rarely used by anyone else in
KDE. You also have to keep in mind that a lot of our users are not KDE or
even Linux users. So the kde consistency argument doesn't fully apply in
such scenarios.

Regards,
Waqar