How can i make kate behaviour go back to normal?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Dec 11 12:31:11 GMT 2022

On Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2022 13:01:36 CET Waqar Ahmed wrote:
> There are good reasons which I noted already. We do not need dialogs at all
> when we can use our main view for something. Also we do not need to think
> what size the dialog should be anymore. It just fits in the existing
> window.

It's funny how you argue that a modal dialog is bad (which I fully agree to),
but then completely overlay the main view with a settings view, which makes it
impossible to see the effect of changes (e.g. changing a font) without
switching to-and-fro between the settings view and the editor view.

Even with the previous modal settings dialog I could immediately see the effect
of the changes.

Regards,
Ingo