Best way to create and develop a kate syntax highlighting file

Andreas Plank andreas.plank at fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 24 10:15:36 BST 2020

Hej hej,

I want to develop and write a SPARQL syntax highlighting file, my
question: what tool, IDE or XML editor is the most comfortable one that
has all the XML elements and possible XML attributes in it out of the box?

Or do I have to fiddle around with just Kate (?KDevelop) and the external
documentation of syntax highlighting?

It would be nice to have some templates although I know I can use the
existing syntax highlighting files as such and alter them to my needs but
it is difficult to grasp all the possibilities of context definitions at
once.

Or is there a conversion tool from another editor framework into
KSyntaxHighlighting?

Thank you for your recommendations
Andreas