kate lsp client plugin

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Mon Jul 15 21:03:10 BST 2019

Hi,

> That is nice to hear indeed.
>
> I have been pondering a bit about the flood of parse errors in some
> (such) cases.  I was considering to allow disabling diagnostics (by
> some entry) in the projectMap (so project-wide), or maybe based on
> some pattern provided there.  Or maybe also using some document
> variable, though KTextEditor::VariableInterface is now gone at the
> moment ...

If there is need to have access to document variables, we can introduce
that again,
thought I am not sure this is the solution to go, given I would actually
prefer
something that needs to annotation/config that is Kate specific in the
sources.

Perhaps some clever heuristics would be good enough, but that is
something
for the time after all other polishing is done.

For the diagnostics output in the tab it would be very nice if always
the current document
would be "activated" there, but otherwise this already works ok for the
first version!

:=) At least some of my colleagues were impressed about the stuff that
already works
and that you need to configure nothing for this at all.