kate lsp client plugin

Mark Nauwelaerts mark.nauwelaerts at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 20:32:36 BST 2019

On 15/07/19 17:04, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> In next steps, I will probably tweak some configuration a bit,
>>> consider "document revision id" (as mentioned earlier) and use those
>>> in positions and dealing with TextEdit (as to be returned from e.g.
>>> (range)formatting commands and "fixit" commands).
>>
>> Cool, keep the nifty features arriving .)
>
> short usage feedback: In our company, with CMake & C/C++ based stuff,
> the current state works completely fine with zero extra configuration
> on my Linux workstation!
>
> Very nice!
>
> The only thing that creates issues are some headers that are not self-contained,
> there the parser will create parse errors without end, but these headers
> were created without tooling in mind.
>
> Greetings
> Christoph

That is nice to hear indeed.

I have been pondering a bit about the flood of parse errors in some (such)
cases.  I was considering to allow disabling diagnostics (by some entry) in the
projectMap (so project-wide), or maybe based on some pattern provided there.  Or
maybe also using some document variable, though KTextEditor::VariableInterface
is now gone at the moment ...

Regards,
Mark.