kate lsp client plugin

Mark Nauwelaerts mark.nauwelaerts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 20:10:21 BST 2019

On 02/07/19 21:49, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I just tried the current version and am pretty much impressed. Code completion
> really works nicely, I think that is extremely useful. Also goto definiton works
> nicely - cool!
>
> What comes to my mind as useful features:
> - when the text cursor hovers over a variable, highlight all occurrences of
> the variable (KTextEditor::MovingRanges). It could even highlight read-only
> access with e.g. a yellow background, and write access with a cyan background.
> - In a class hierarchy, goto definition could return multiple entries
> (including the base classes). In that case, I would suggest to just open a
> QMenu at the current text cursor position listing the available choices.
>
> Maybe I'll find some time to hack on it as well. In any case, please continue
> this effort, this is one of the best additions Kate got in the recent years.
>
> Best regards
> Dominik

Thanks for the appreciation :-)

I indeed intend to continue, and some more commits on server control and
configuration are coming up soon.
Following that, I plan to add another (bottom) toolview to display info on
diagnostics, references, (multiple) definitions ...  Some highlight method calls
are also related to that area, so may be considered along as well.  That's then
heading in the direction of features proposed above, one step at a time ;-)

Regards,
Mark.