kate lsp client plugin

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Tue Jul 2 20:49:19 BST 2019

Hi Mark,

I just tried the current version and am pretty much impressed. Code
completion
really works nicely, I think that is extremely useful. Also goto definiton
works
nicely - cool!

What comes to my mind as useful features:
- when the text cursor hovers over a variable, highlight all occurrences of
the variable (KTextEditor::MovingRanges). It could even highlight read-only
access with e.g. a yellow background, and write access with a cyan
background.
- In a class hierarchy, goto definition could return multiple entries
(including the base classes). In that case, I would suggest to just open a
QMenu at the current text cursor position listing the available choices.

Maybe I'll find some time to hack on it as well. In any case, please
continue
this effort, this is one of the best additions Kate got in the recent years.

Best regards
Dominik