kate lsp client plugin

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Sun Jul 7 12:57:13 BST 2019

Hi,

> Thanks for the appreciation :-)
>
> I indeed intend to continue, and some more commits on server control
> and configuration are coming up soon.
> Following that, I plan to add another (bottom) toolview to display
> info on diagnostics, references, (multiple) definitions ...  Some
> highlight method calls are also related to that area, so may be
> considered along as well.  That's then heading in the direction of
> features proposed above, one step at a time ;-)

Nice, keep the stuff going ;=)

I was so free to implement a initial version of documentHighlight.

Seems to work reasonable well, just need a way to later clear the ranges
again.

I aliased

/**
  * Language Server Protocol Position
  * line + column, 0 based, negative for invalid
  * maps 1:1 to KTextEditor::Cursor
  */
using LSPPosition = KTextEditor::Cursor;

/**
  * Language Server Protocol Range
  * start + end tuple of LSPPosition
  * maps 1:1 to KTextEditor::Range
  */
using LSPRange = KTextEditor::Range;

as these types really map 1:1, even the semantics of "negative ==
invalid".

This avoid the conversions and allows to use the convenience API of the
cursor/range
we provide.

I hope this is ok?