D18083: Search plugin: Extend tooltip for the Regular Expressions switch

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 13 19:43:33 GMT 2019

gregormi added a comment.

  In D18083#392525 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18083#392525>, @sars wrote:

  > My personal taste would be to only have a small tool-tip saying: See the "Add.." context menu entry for regular expression help.
  >
  > The search plugin is already cluttered with a lot of buttons...

  I would agree but for me the context menu way is one bit too long ("right-click, go down to Add..., click or wait to open, select item" instead of "left-click, select item"). And harder to discover.

  Would it help to add an option in the context menu to hide the new line edit buttons? :-) Or to somehow remove contrast from the icons?

INLINE COMMENTS

> sars wrote in plugin_search.cpp:58
> I prefer static functions over unnamed namespaces as you immediately see the static declaration, while functions in a namespace can be far away from the namespace keyword.
>
> Besides this change is unrelated to the functionality change.

I'll change that accordingly.

> sars wrote in plugin_search.cpp:461
> Note that this icon is not available with gnome icon theme. you need to specify that Kate depends on Breeze icon theme and actually have it installed to get this icon...

I looked at the Regex toggle button code:

  QIcon useRegExpIcon = QIcon::fromTheme(QStringLiteral("code-context"), QIcon::fromTheme(QStringLiteral("edit-find-replace")));

and didn't know that the second parameter is a fallback. I'll copy that.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate