D18083: Search plugin: Extend tooltip for the Regular Expressions switch

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 11 15:54:59 GMT 2019

dhaumann added a comment.

  Usually such detailed information is in the Kate handbook (which does / should explain all this).

  What I usually try when adding tool tips is to make them short: Sometimes, the mouse randomly can stop at a location where a tooltip pops up. In that case, you then get a delayed info which in this case now will be huge, meaning you have to move the mouse again. For exactly this reason the status bar entries all have no tooltip, since you'd run into this annoyance all the time (yes, we tried it and it sucked).

  If you really want this additional info, would a What's This tip help as well?

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate