D16336: BuildView: Avoid to show ToolView when build is invoked

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 15 20:39:31 GMT 2018

loh.tar added a comment.

  > I'm not sure about the auto-hiding. Quite often I want to see the result after the build.

  also on success?

  > I think one magic build name is not the best way to enable auto-hiding.

  What? You refer to these string compare?

  > If you absolutely need auto-hiding it has to be an option somewhere...

  I'm also not full convinced if this approach is best. Probably it's enough to not open/show the tool-view when trigger the build.

  > Maybe a checkbox on the output tab on the right of the slider.

  As said,  I tend to add a config page (see above). Such check-box there looks a little strange to me. Furthermore I like to change slightly the UI, see my comment to D17602 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17602>

INLINE COMMENTS

> sars wrote in plugin_katebuild.cpp:589
> Why the type change?

Why not? Nothing happens which may cause trouble.

> sars wrote in plugin_katebuild.cpp:712
> Why the type change? You get a exitCode != 0 also if you only have a warning.

I guess, I have assumed that in case of a warning "m_numWarnings" was set. And on a compile error "m_numErrors", so that we here have some other ugly error.