[Kwintv] No Audio No channels, Please help!

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:51:27 CEST 2006

Folonio,

You seem correct to question the TV card.  I have no experience with your
card.  I use the bttv driver as selected for my card by Linux and am unaware
of any muting in it.  Perhaps you should check your TV viewing application.
Some of these may have a mute function in them.  I couldn't find a mute in
tvtime, my TV viewer of choice.

-- George

On 9/28/06, folonio <folonio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks George, I am glad you have answered.
>

> I´ve checked the sound inputs and outputs and everything seems to be
> right. The sound output from the TV card is connected to the line-in in my
> sound card, and the settings on the mixer are at max volume and none is
> muted. I also tried to connect another audio source to the same cable and it
> sounded. But when I connect the TV back, it still has no sound. That was to
> be sure that there was no trouble with the cables.
>
> I think is something like the TV card is muted itself????? Could it be
> because the driver? Which driver should I use? Where to get It? There are so
> many doubts, but thanks the lord we can found helpful friends around here.
> You are all very kind.
>

> Look, this is what I found about my card:
>
>    - *Encore   www.encore-usa.com*
>
> o                     encore electronics EviewTV  (= PCB95109 or similar ?)
>

> pcb: PCB95109 A120904-A9
>
> chips: 25878-13, B06, P06, hef4053bt, ...
>
> tuner: TVF66T5-MFF
>
> sticker on backside   WA951FGTFN103,   ENLTV-FM-HA   123650100000080
>

> ENLTV-FM-HA on SUSE Linux 9.2. It is based on a
>
> conexant/brookTree bt878a. Some other chips on the
>
> card are a philips HEF4053bt,a BP4973, and a CSI
>
> 24wc02. The tuner has a label Tvision TVF6GT5-MFF
>

>     - Encore eView-TV ( EviewTV)
>       chips: 25878, ...
>
> tuner: Tvision 5V TVF-6633-MFF
>
> 0000:00:09.0 0400: 109e:036e (rev 11)
>
>         Subsystem: 9510:1540
>
> 0000:00:09.1 0480: 109e:0878 (rev 11)
>
>         Subsystem: 9510:1540
>

> bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:09.0, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe3002000
>
> bttv0: subsystem: 9510:1540 (UNKNOWN)
>
> bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00ffffff [init]
>

> Thanks to everybody.
>

> Regards
>

> Alvaro

> *Subject:* Re: [Kwintv] No Audio No channels, Please help!
>

> Sound may be a separate issue from the tuner.  Some cards, like WinTV-GO,
> require an audio cable to your sound card.  Frequently, lack of sound is an
> issue of mute or volume level.  I don't remember what OS you're using but
> the volume control icon will usually link you to a sound mixer.  This is
> where mute and sound levels of captured audio like that from a TV card are
> controlled.  I un-mute all capture sources.  Microphone, PCM or Line-in are
> the most likely sources of TV audio.
>
> -- George
>
> On 9/25/06, *folonio* <folonio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.
>
> So I have to find which tuner fits my card, but what do you think about
> the issue with the sound?
>
> Should it be fixed using the right tuner? I will keep on trying. I wont
> give up until I get it to work Hehe!
>

> Regards,
>

> Alvaro

> *Subject:* Re: [Kwintv] No Audio No channels, Please help!
>

> There are only a few TV chip sets and many are supported by the BTTV
> [...]

George Fragos
fragos at gmail.com
73 East Swift Ave.
Fresno CA 93704