[Kwintv] No Audio No channels, Please help!

folonio folonio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:12:38 CEST 2006

Thanks George, I am glad you have answered.

I´ve checked the sound inputs and outputs and everything seems to be right.
The sound output from the TV card is connected to the line-in in my sound
card, and the settings on the mixer are at max volume and none is muted. I
also tried to connect another audio source to the same cable and it sounded.
But when I connect the TV back, it still has no sound. That was to be sure
that there was no trouble with the cables.

I think is something like the TV card is muted itself????? Could it be
because the driver? Which driver should I use? Where to get It? There are so
many doubts, but thanks the lord we can found helpful friends around here.
You are all very kind.

Look, this is what I found about my card:

*	Encore   www.encore-usa.com

o                     encore electronics EviewTV  (= PCB95109 or similar ?)

pcb: PCB95109 A120904-A9

chips: 25878-13, B06, P06, hef4053bt, ...

tuner: TVF66T5-MFF

sticker on backside   WA951FGTFN103,   ENLTV-FM-HA   123650100000080

ENLTV-FM-HA on SUSE Linux 9.2. It is based on a

conexant/brookTree bt878a. Some other chips on the

card are a philips HEF4053bt,a BP4973, and a CSI

24wc02. The tuner has a label Tvision TVF6GT5-MFF

*	Encore eView-TV ( EviewTV)
chips: 25878, ...

tuner: Tvision 5V TVF-6633-MFF

0000:00:09.0 0400: 109e:036e (rev 11)

        Subsystem: 9510:1540

0000:00:09.1 0480: 109e:0878 (rev 11)

        Subsystem: 9510:1540

bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:00:09.0, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe3002000

bttv0: subsystem: 9510:1540 (UNKNOWN)

bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00ffffff [init]

Thanks to everybody.

Regards

Alvaro

  _____