[Kwintv] kdetv is unable to detect any channels with correctly recognized hardware (I really read FAQ ; -))

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 4 00:24:36 CEST 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 23:38, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> Hello dear mailing list subscribers,
> I have following configuration present:
> 1) TV Card -- Terratec 400 Mobile as PCMCIA card (is correctly
> recognized) 2) Ubuntu 6.06 with 2.6.15-26-386 Linux kernel
> 3) Xorg reports X window version 7.0.0
> 4) German analogous cable connector as an input
> 5) kdetv version 0.8.8
> kdetv is unable to find any channels with all input options attempted
> (television,
> tv (mono only), composite1) and zipping actually locks up and with it
> the whole X Window system freezes. I would like to see this issue
> resolved, if you need any
> additional information, please, tell me and I will do my best to
> provide it to you.

To clean up some details first:
- do you have the tuner kernel module loaded (lsmod |grep tuner)
- what is your graphics card and what driver are you using with it
- which kdetv video plugin did you try? Were there any differences?
- what do you mean by zipping (probably scanning?)
- and when does it lock up exactly? (at the beginning, after some time,
etc.)

Regards,
Zsolt