[Kwintv] kdetv is unable to detect any channels with correctly recognized hardware (I really read FAQ ; -))

Ariel Burbaickij ariel.burbaickij at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 09:23:38 CEST 2006

Hello Zsolt,
many thanks for quick response. Answers are below.

On 9/4/06, Zsolt Rizsanyi <rizsanyi at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 September 2006 23:38, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> To clean up some details first:
> - do you have the tuner kernel module loaded (lsmod |grep tuner)
      Yes, I do. Both tuner and i2c are loaded
> - what is your graphics card and what driver are you using with it
      My graphic card is nVidia GeForce Fx.
      I didn't install any drivers from nVidia directly, so I assume
      the standard one, delivered with the system are used.
      If you need some more  detailed information, please,
      tell me where should I obtain it as it is not very clear to me.
> - which kdetv video plugin did you try? Were there any differences?
      I tried video4linux and video4linux2. There were no differencies.
> - what do you mean by zipping (probably scanning?)
> - and when does it lock up exactly? (at the beginning, after some time,
> etc.)
    I meant programm called zapping and mistyped it. It locks up
    at the beginning.
    Actually, maybe it is worth noting that the tv-tuner card worked and works
    fairly well under Windows 2000/Windows XP, so problems with the card
    itslef can be excluded.