[Kwintv] How to get kwintv going with a vcr

Mike Zarek zeek at 671mrpc.com
Mon Sep 5 23:50:35 CEST 2005

Yes, your audio source would be line in ....  The source selection in
kdetv is 'where do I find the audio on the audio mixer?' .. As in, where
does it come in your sound card....  Obviously, if you are using the
patch cord from the tv card to mic in, then select mic in ....

If you use the antenna out of the VCR, you don't NEED the modulator box
.. The antenna out of the VCR is already modulated (video and audio) to
channel 3 ...  The modulator box is just duplicating the function of the
vcr's antenna out.  As to benefit, the less electronic stuff involved,
the less signal degredation (altho I admit that in this small of a
setup, it's very very minimal).

Mike