[Kwintv] How to get kwintv going with a vcr

Steve beforewisdom at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 00:12:54 CEST 2005

Mike Zarek wrote:

> Yes, your audio source would be line in ....  The source selection in
> kdetv is 'where do I find the audio on the audio mixer?' .. As in, where
> does it come in your sound card....  Obviously, if you are using the
> patch cord from the tv card to mic in, then select mic in ....

I tried each source, nothing worked.  Since the "radio" on the radio
card is working, sound in dvd/cds, it either has to be the VCR or the
hook up.

> If you use the antenna out of the VCR, you don't NEED the modulator box
> .. The antenna out of the VCR is already modulated (video and audio) to
> channel 3 ...  The modulator box is just duplicating the function of the
> vcr's antenna out.  As to benefit, the less electronic stuff involved,
> the less signal degredation (altho I admit that in this small of a
> setup, it's very very minimal).

Once I figure out the sound problem I will try it both ways and see
which I like better.  I still have my reciept so if the "just cable"
option is as good I will save myself a few dollars.

Thanks so much for the tremendous amount of help you gave me today.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap:  It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"