[Kwintv] kdetv doesnt recognize my card

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 21:08:15 CEST 2005

With SuSE my WinTV card's tuner has never been identified by YaST in 9.1-3.
When this happens, the tuner is set to 0 like yours. Look at your card to
identify the tuner so you can determine the correct tuner number. I found
some tuner numbers that worked patialy by experimentation. When I finally
pulled the sticker off my tuner chip, the big one, I found the true
identity. SuSE YaST TV configuration had the model name and tuner number
even though it couldn't determine the correct number.

On 7/5/05, birbilis <birbilis at gmail.com> wrote:

> i dont think its the v4l because i have included it in my
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf::
>
> Section "Module"
>
> # This loads the DBE extension module.
>
> Load "dbe" # Double buffer extension
>
> # This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
> # initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
> SubSection "extmod"
> Option "omit xfree86-dga" # don't initialise the DGA extension
> EndSubSection
>
> # This loads the font modules
> Load "type1"
> # Load "speedo"
> Load "freetype"
> # Load "xtt"
>
> # This loads the GLX module
> # Load "glx"
> # This loads the DRI module
> # Load "dri"
> Load "v4l"
> EndSection
>

> is there anything else i can do?
> any help is appreciated.
>
> On 7/5/05, ghkilo <ghkilo at t-online.de> wrote:
> > birbilis schrieb:
> >
> > >i'm terribly sorry...
> > >my card is prolink pixelview playtv pro based on the bt878 chip.
> > >my lsmod gives me::
> > >
> > >bash-2.05b# lsmod
> > >Module Size Used by
> > >smbfs 64632 0
> > >snd_pcm_oss 50208 0
> > >snd_mixer_oss 19072 1 snd_pcm_oss
> > >tuner 22564 0
> > >bttv 150224 0
> > >video_buf 18564 1 bttv
> > >firmware_class 8960 1 bttv
> > >i2c_algo_bit 9992 1 bttv
> > >v4l2_common 5760 1 bttv
> > >btcx_risc 5000 1 bttv
> > >tveeprom 12696 1 bttv
> > >i2c_core 19968 4 tuner,bttv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom
> > >videodev 8704 1 bttv
> > >snd_cmipci 29440 0
> > >snd_pcm 85124 2 snd_pcm_oss,snd_cmipci
> > >snd_page_alloc 8708 1 snd_pcm
> > >snd_opl3_lib 10240 1 snd_cmipci
> > >snd_timer 22788 2 snd_pcm,snd_opl3_lib
> > >snd_hwdep 8608 1 snd_opl3_lib
> > >snd_mpu401_uart 7552 1 snd_cmipci
> > >snd_rawmidi 21536 1 snd_mpu401_uart
> > >snd_seq_device 7948 2 snd_opl3_lib,snd_rawmidi
> > >snd 49380 10
> >
> >snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_cmipci,snd_pcm,snd_opl3_lib,snd_timer,snd_hwdep,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
> > >

> > >(bttv module is loaded)
> > >
> > >and my lspci gves me::
> > >
> > >0000:03:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878
> > >Video Capture (rev 11)
> > >0000:03:09.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio
> > >Capture (rev 11)
> > >
> > >thnx a lot for the interest. I have tryed both emerging kdetv and
> > >compiling from the sources but nothing works. kdetv says no devices
> > >found.
> > >
> > >i hope i have been complete.

> > Thanks,
> >
> > it seems no recognition by missing V4L or V4L2 modules.
> > Kdetv needs one of them, libzvbi also for Videotextplugin enabled.

> [...]

George Fragos
fragos at gmail.com
73 East Swift Ave.
Fresno CA 93704