[Kwintv] Re: re: Some proposals (2)

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Mon Feb 14 21:44:51 CET 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 14:59, Jeroen Verhoeckx wrote:
> "I mean the complete list of all frequencies allowed
> for TV in your area, no matter whether there is really
> a station or not. Like the *.list files in
> libkdetv/data."
>
> Where can I find libkdetv/data?
> I tried to find it with Konqueror but I couldn't.
Download kdetv sources and unpack. It's a subdir.

> "But anyway, thank you for your ideas (even if I
>  don't implement them all ;-) ! "
>
> If it is easy to code, could you make an option so
> that we can see how it functions? If not, it's
> alright!
This is always a difficult point. I could, but this is one of the things I'd
call "over-configurability". A program does not get better when you a tons of
config options for every little thing. It just gets unusable.

> "I could, but not fixing it has the advantage that
> the size scales with the window size. It is uncommon
> to fix resizeable widgets to a fixed size."
>
> But can you give it a minimum or maximum size? I don't
> know how these widgets function. This is not just a
> problem for KDETV but a general problem with KDE.
> Dialogs sometimes look really ugly because of this
> behaviour.
_Useful_ min/max always depend on the screen resolution, it's not that easy.
The slider widget already has built-in min/max values, I won't override
these.

> " Difficult to say, I don't observe this. Can be a
> driver bug (does xawtv work?) or a bug in kdetv that
> just does not occur on my box."
> I haven't used xawtv for a very long time but I belief
> that it would work, why not?
Because the driver could have a bug.

> "Can you comment out or remove the line
> "srcm->setMuted(muted)" in
> libkdetv/volumecontroller.cpp, function doMute(). "
>
> Yes if I can find the file volumecontroller.cpp. Where
> can I?
libkdetv/volumecontroller.cpp

> To comment out a line means removing the # for the
> line, isn't it?
No, putting "//" in front of it (this is C++ and not a shell script).
Don't worry, I see you are not a programmer. If you can't do it, I send you a
modified volumecontroller.cpp.