[Kwintv] Re: re: Some proposals (2)

Jeroen Verhoeckx jeroenverh2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 14:59:57 CET 2005

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply!

"I mean the complete list of all frequencies allowed
for TV in your area, no matter whether there is really
a station or not. Like the *.list files in
libkdetv/data."

Where can I find libkdetv/data?
I tried to find it with Konqueror but I couldn't.

"But anyway, thank you for your ideas (even if I
 don't implement them all ;-) ! "

If it is easy to code, could you make an option so
that we can see how it functions? If not, it's
alright!

"I could, but not fixing it has the advantage that
the size scales with the window size. It is uncommon
to fix resizeable widgets to a fixed size."

But can you give it a minimum or maximum size? I don't
know how these widgets function. This is not just a
problem for KDETV but a general problem with KDE.
Dialogs sometimes look really ugly because of this
behaviour.

" Difficult to say, I don't observe this. Can be a
driver bug (does xawtv work?) or a bug in kdetv that
just does not occur on my box."

I haven't used xawtv for a very long time but I belief
that it would work, why not?

"Can you comment out or remove the line
"srcm->setMuted(muted)" in
libkdetv/volumecontroller.cpp, function doMute(). "

Yes if I can find the file volumecontroller.cpp. Where
can I?
To comment out a line means removing the # for the
line, isn't it?

Jeroen