[Kwintv] Re: Cannot setup channels

Pau Cabot paucabot at vodafone.es
Sat Sep 11 11:29:08 CEST 2004

En/na Andras Mantia ha escrit:

>It may be that your TV card is not configured correctly. If you have a bt8xx
>based card (/sbin/lspci should help you to find out), you need to specify
>the correct "tuner" and "card" parameter for the "bttv" module. Depending
>on your distribution you can do this in a UI (YaST on SuSE) or manually in
>the modules.conf/modprobe.conf. The description of the possible values are
>in the kernel sources: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.*
>
>Hope it helps.

This is the lspci result:
0000:00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878
Video Capture (rev 11)
0000:00:09.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio
Capture (rev 11)

I think the TV Card is correctly detected (I can also see it in the Yast
module), but the problem is that I cannot find any channel.
The card "nearly" works well as I can see one channel defectively ....

>Andras
>
>PS: You can easily check if the problem is with your configuration by
>running a different TV application, like xawtv.

I have tried XawTV and I have the same problems. I cannot set the
channels ...

Thanks in advance, Pau.