[Kwintv] Re: Cannot setup channels

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Sep 11 09:04:22 CEST 2004

Pau Cabot wrote:

> Hi to everybody, I live in Spain,
>
> My Kdetv has found my tv card. I can see (badly) one channel, but I
> don't know how to search for the others. The wizard cannot find them.
>
> 1- Can someone tell me wich settings do I have to put in the wizard (I
> have tried Source: television, Codification:ntsc, frequency table:
> europe west and some others but none works).
> or
> 2- Can someone tell me how to scan for channels manually?
> or
> 3- Can someone send me the spanish Channel List, so I Can import them?

It may be that your TV card is not configured correctly. If you have a bt8xx
based card (/sbin/lspci should help you to find out), you need to specify
the correct "tuner" and "card" parameter for the "bttv" module. Depending
on your distribution you can do this in a UI (YaST on SuSE) or manually in
the modules.conf/modprobe.conf. The description of the possible values are
in the kernel sources: /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.*

Hope it helps.

Andras

PS: You can easily check if the problem is with your configuration by
running a different TV application, like xawtv.