[Kwintv] XRANDR

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 00:02:45 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 23:09, Andras Mantia wrote:
> True, but this is not so annoying (for me it's a little on the top). Also a
> little problem might be if the autoselected resolution is not the best
> (maybe it is still too big and as you wrote, even bt848 supports
> downscaling in overlay). So it's nice if it autoconfigures, but might be
> better to be able to select a resolution manually.
If the max grab res is greater than the maximum screen res, it will remain
unchanged. If the max grab res is lower than the current screen res, an
appropriate res will be chosen. I think it's OK like this. Don't want to add
too many config options... This algorithm is flexible, it does not rely on the
available screen res or the maximum capture res, so I'd like to keep it this
way.

> > 3) The TV window size is messed after the resolution is changed back (if
> > the tv window is resized due to the lower resolution (can this be fixed?)
>
> Yes, for me the TV image shifts towards the bottom, so in the top of the
> window there is a wide-black line.
>
> Otherwise it's nice, and would be already usable if the window is correctly
> restored after exiting the full screen mode.
Maybe saving and restoring topLevelWidget() geometry from the v4l plugin will
fix it (bad hack(TM)). I'll maybe try it on sunday (unfortunately I _may_ be
busy the next few days...)

Do you have an idea how to fix the rearrangement of the other windows???

> Oh, and there is a need for the XRANDR check in the configure.in.in. Now I
> defined the HAVE_XRANDR manually. ;-)
There is one, it's in qtvision/plugins/configure.in.in.