[Kwintv] XRANDR

Andras Mantia amantia at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 12 23:09:20 CET 2004

Hi,

 Cannot comment on the internals, but here is my opinion.

Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:

> 1) I messed with kvideoio and want George to approve it
> 2) The TV widget is not centered at fullscreen (dunno why ATM)

True, but this is not so annoying (for me it's a little on the top). Also a
little problem might be if the autoselected resolution is not the best
(maybe it is still too big and as you wrote, even bt848 supports
downscaling in overlay). So it's nice if it autoconfigures, but might be
better to be able to select a resolution manually.

> 3) The TV window size is messed after the resolution is changed back (if
> the tv window is resized due to the lower resolution (can this be fixed?)

Yes, for me the TV image shifts towards the bottom, so in the top of the
window there is a wide-black line.

Otherwise it's nice, and would be already usable if the window is correctly
restored after exiting the full screen mode.

Oh, and there is a need for the XRANDR check in the configure.in.in. Now I
defined the HAVE_XRANDR manually. ;-)

Andras